Booking and Hall Hire Thurloxton Village Hall
The Village Hall Thurloxton is a small, intimate building with lots of character and makes the ideal venue for meetings and other events. Ideally situated between Taunton and Bridgwater off the A38, we have some off-street parking for cars outside the hall and street parking further up the road in front of the church.
Completely modernised this converted village school still maintains many of its character features. With exposed roof beams, the hall measures approximately ??? x ??? and can seat about 60 people banquet style. All 70 chairs are new and there are 14 gopak banqueting tables available. Also we have 10 smaller café tables which can be used for a more informal setting.
A hearing loop has been installed and there is a 6’ retractable projector screen with remote control, an overhead data projector and a handheld/lapel microphone making it an ideal venue for presentations, meetings, receptions and film nights.
In addition, the main hall has a discrete picture hanging system enabling the hall to be used as gallery space for paintings, prints or photograph displays.
Coat hooks are located in the front vestibule as well as in the annexe. Disabled and buggy access are from the back of the building.
The new kitchen contains an induction range cooker, hot cupboard, commercial dishwasher, on tap hot water cylinder and ample counter and cupboard space. There is crockery and tableware for 60.
With several doors and a long serving counter, users can easily come in one door, pick up food and leave by the end door making it easy for larger groups.
There is a separate ladies, gents and disabled unisex toilet complete with baby changing facilities.
Hiring the Village Hall
|These charges include the loan of cutlery, crockery etc.|
|Daytime Per hour||£5.00|
|Daytime Per half day (3 hours or more)||£14.00|
|Whole day (6-8 hours)||£30.00|
|Evening per hour||£5.00|
|Long evening (3-5 hours)||£14.00|
|Extended evening (5 hours or more)||£25.00|
|Weddings, birthdays, corporate events etc|
|Whole day (inc evening and set-up time the previous day)||£60.00|
Equipment and other items
|Crockery (White tableware – per hire, up to 10 place settings)||£2.00|
|Cups and sauces (Up to 10 sets)||£2.00|
|Cutlery (Up to 10 sets)||£1.00|
|Please note breakages and loss per item must be paid for.|
|Gazebo (Hire up to 1 day – more than one day by negotiation with the bookings secretary)||£20.00|
|Table plus 6 chairs (Per day)||£5.00|
|Staging (Per day)||£60.00|
A £20 deposit is required on booking. This is non-refundable if cancelled within 5 days of booking. For weddings and other special events, where large amounts of crockery will be used, the deposit is £50.
Please also take a look at our Terms and Conditions of Hire
20% discount for Link subscribers
Preliminary information to be considered before hiring the Village Hall
2. Click on the ‘What’s on’ section for available dates
3. Confirm availability and arrange a viewing if required by filling out the contact form or by phoning our Bookings Secretary Wendy McLean on 07486 434909. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
4. Click here to download our Booking Form, print it out, fill in and send a non-refundable £20 booking fee to our Bookings Secretary:
134 Taunton Road
5. It is essential all hirers read and adhere to the Evacuation Procedure in Event of Fire.
6. Our Bookings Secretary will contact you at least a week prior to the hiring date(s) to inform you of the key code for the key collection, payment of the hiring fee and a £30 refundable breakages deposit.
7. Please print out the Quick Check List for Hirers which provides a list for you to make sure that you have left the hall in reasonable condition for the next hirer.
8. After hiring, please return the key to the key box and ensure it is securely locked. The Bookings Secretary will arrange to refund the breakages deposit if all is in order.
I would like to book the village hall.